Tuesday, January 23, 2007

In Which Our Heroine Peers Towards The Future


Posts have been sparse recently, and I confess my usual complaint of writer's block has little to do with it.

Of course I've been feeling hourly outrage at the purely asinine hijink "stylings" of the current president and administration as they relate to current events in the Middle East. I'm amazed (and I really shouldn't be) that the Military Channel actually features television shows all about the war in Iraq - it's not even over with, the body not yet warm and already some scumbag executive is making a buck out of it. Ptooie!

Other current events, cultural oddities, and horrifying news stories do capture my attention, but it's more difficult than usual to turn my reaction into posts.

Most of my energies have lately been directed towards my homefront - I am on the brink of possibly trading in my current Cupcakes for an entirely new one - a bolder, more energetic and more dynamic Cupcake. It's an opportunity that could be extremely good for me for quite some time. The fat lady has yet to sing, however, so I won't jinx myself any further.

Meanwhile, I'm still reading a lot, regularly checking in with the ever-growing list of favorite blogs, sorting out various family crises, and generally focusing on keeping my head above water.

It's a dog's life, innit?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home