Thursday, October 19, 2006

Tis The Season


I, like a good many people, am paying the lion's share of my attention to politics and reading a lot about it, both through books and blogs. Which is probably why I'm not writing so much.

I've discovered my creativity is rather flighty-one minute there, the next gone far away, and the amount of blog posts I devote to my inability to write is frustrating to me, not to mention my wee group of reader(s).

There are some tremendously talented writers in the blogosphere, and while I have been reading more than writing I can't help but think exposure to differing clear and lively prose styles will hopefully improve my efforts.

In hindsight, my education was rather slapdash, heavy on literature and history, light on formal logic. But I have a "never too late" optimism, and have, through the exposure to some keenly analytic intellects blogging on a wide variety of topics, been enjoying the lessons of applying formal logic and reasoning patterns to what are often my incoherent emotions and random thoughts. I think I'm getting better at critical thinking, as well; so hey, thanks bloggers!

I'm working now on a self-salutary post commemorating my first blogiversary, which will arrive soon, in which I shall toot my own horn pretty loudly.

Let's just hope that's not a day my creativity takes a vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home