Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Haiku - The Last Few Weeks


As I can't for the life of me think of anything witty or interesting to write, I decided to render the last few dramatic weeks in a series of haiku. A few of my wee group of readers will get the small jokes found within and be able to follow along easily. Other readers will perhaps struggle to find either levity of any kind or will not be able to build a storyline. However, trust me when I write that this is the only way I can think of to purge the events out of my brain without resorting to more drinking than I already have.

Drinking beer at JFK,
Strange man smells of black pepper,
Enroute to L.A.

JetBlue has nice seats;
Personal tv is grand.
But no food - I starve.

No one smokes out there.
It's not like I kill puppies.
Oy, the dirty looks!

I will get no sleep,
Talk all night to crazy girl-
He doesn't want you.

Sunrise brings no change.
Marriage is kaput, okay?
Face reality.

I predicted such,
But no one listens to me,
Clear voice of Reason.

Best part of L.A.
Sadly, were all the cheap cigs.
The rest was pure crap.

On the way back home,
Thank God for JetBlue headphones!
Tune out Crazy Girl.

Big shout out to home;
Good friend brings beer, hears my tale.
Helps me deal with her.

Computer and phone-
Not mine at all, oh my no!
At all hours - damn chat.

"I want second chance."
Marriage is kaput, again!
The facts are quite stark.

More phone messages
Than a sane person would leave,
But that's Crazy Girl!

She sneaks out early,
Flies to L.A. on a whim-
Surprise! Second chance?

No second chance, there-
Time to face reality.
Sad story, but true.

Homeward bound at last.
Crazy Girl - learned anything?
I don't believe so.

We tried hard to help-
With logic and self-respect.
Our toolbox is full.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miliana said...

True, kiddo - my THREE readers would rather we just pass the wine and shut up. I'm glad too that things have calmed down, believe me!

8:01 PM  
Blogger kaz said...

Far be in from me to pass by a cold beer, a bottle of wine, or (gasp) a single malt scotch, but its always better to drink in celebration than in the hope (or hopelessness) of purging. It's painful to be a good friend. It's painful to be an honest sounding board. But it's excruciating to maintain one's standards for truth and reality when the 'other' wants only agreement with the blind emotions of an emotional melt down.

Break out another bottle, my dear. Lounge back, maybe in a tubfull of bubbles, stretch out your shoulders, and sing while you soak. As Crazy Girl will learn when she grows up, no one can teach judgment like experience, even though experience usually comes from bad judgment.

12:51 AM  
Blogger Miliana said...

Absolutely, Kaz- your thoughts about standing firm in the face of another's need for agreement (which in itself flies in the face of reality) was indeed the impetus that kept me reaching for the bottle.

I was very lucky to have a dear friend (who knows who she is) who literally dropped everything to help me with Crazy Girl and lend her individual logical voice to all of the calm cool reason I was also espousing.

I hope Crazy Girl will learn something from this experience, but quite sadly I feel as if this event will quite pass her by and she'll never grow up. Sad, but true.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home